Mother’s Day is this Sunday May 12. Treat Mom to a fun activity! There's tons to do in Kentuckiana on Sunday - from art shows to fitness classes to brunch. Find something special to
Listing Spotlight: 1120 W Main St in Mitchell, IN
Calling all history buffs, large families, and potential Bed & Breakfast owners!
Our listing at 1120 W Main St in Mitchell, IN has it all.
- Victorian built in 1889
- 5000+ sq ft
- 5 bed, 5 bath
- Restored and updated with original details throughout
- Potential to become Bed & Breakfast
- Check out the full listing here.
Great Location! In walking distance of:
- Ruler Foods grocery store
- Dollar General
- Mitchell Public Library
- Huckleberry's Bakery (desserts & coffee)
- Railroad Cafe
- Mitchell Fitness Center
(Everything you could need close by!)
- Located in Lawrence County, IN
- Founded as a railroad town in 1853
- Birthplace to astronaut Virgil Ivan "Gus" Grissom & notorious outlaw Sam Bass
Did you know?!
- Mitchell's downtown is an historic district listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- The Mitchell Persimmon Festival takes place every year and is a big event! In 2005, the fest lasted for NINE days! This year's is on Sept. 21 with the theme "Mitchell, Around the World".
- Mitchell continues to attract new businesses and jobs with their Urban Enterprise Zone and industrial park. Steeped in history, the town also enjoys tourism.
- Bloomington, IN (33 miles, about 46 mins)
- Paoli, IN (13 miles, about 20 mins)
- French Link Resort (18 miles, about 32 mins)
- New Albany (56 miles, about 1 h 9 min)
- Louisville (60 miles, about 1 h 18 min)
- Whispers Estate (Downtown Mitchell) - The 4th Most Terrifying Place in America! (Travel Channel in 2010) Whispers Estate is an active haunted house in downtown Mitchell! Offers flashlight tours, paranomal investigations, and overnight stays.
- Spring Mill State Park (about 3 miles east of Mitchell) - This gorgeous park offers tons of recreational activities: cave tours, hiking, swimming, mountain biking & more!
- Bluespring Caverns (Bedford, IN) - Underground cave system offering tourists boat rides, tours, and more.
With all these nearby attractions and amentities, 1120 W Main St is an ideal location for a Bed & Breakfast! Mitchell enjoys tourism due to its rich history, antique shops and Persimmon Festival. The city also continues to draw in new business thanks to its Urban Enterprise Zone and industrial park.
Perfect layout: Five bedrooms total, including two large master suites with ensuite bath (one for owner and one for guests) PLUS three other bedrooms. It also features a second office area with separate outside entry - perfect for a check-in area! Guests can relax by the fireplace in the living room, eat in the dining room, grab a snack in the breakfast room, and more. With 5000+ sq ft, the possibilities are endless!
Click here to see more photos & learn more about this listing.
Want to schedule a showing? Call or text Steve at 502-216-5560.
Originally from Henryville, Indiana, Steve Lindsey has gained a diverse perspective on living experiences and cultures by being fortunate enough to live in several countries around the world. Upon ret....
Latest Blog Posts
It may be 90 degrees out - but fall festival season is kicking off.This weekend, Kentuckiana plays host to a ton of festivals - celebrating not just fall but art, music, apples, and even